Who are we?
Join the team that creates healthier living and working environments for homes and businesses. We believe in providing a balance which leads to a happy and healthy lifestyle for our teammates and their families. Our company is a third generation, family owned and operated company. Since 1968, we have focused on creating extraordinary experiences to enhance the lives of our customers and teammates. As one of the area's largest pest management and lawn care firms we reward our teammates with one of the industry’s best compensation and benefits packages. With year over year growth we are excited to offer a broad range of career opportunities while investing in your personal and professional development. Our motto "Our Family Protecting Your Family" is an expression of our commitment to being an industry and community leader and a great place to work.
Do you enjoy freedom, flexibility, building relationships, helping others, problem solving and new challenges?
As a Pest Control Technician, you will help protect homes and the surrounding environment from unwanted insects using state-of-the-art technology. Our ideal team member is dependable, confident, and customer oriented with excellent time management, strong communication skills, and above all. . . a very positive attitude.
Functions and Duties:
- Meet with current and future clients to carefully inspect, diagnose, and/or verify pest-related problems.
- Advise customers of facts and solutions.
- Educate customers on pest prevention/elimination techniques and options, health, safety and environmental issues.
- Aggressively identify service needs for customers and potential customers beyond what may have been requested/reported by customer.
- Prepare detailed graphs and diagrams of buildings and surrounding areas in need of service.
- Perform a variety of pest prevention and elimination services in and around living areas including, but not limited to, interiors, exteriors, attics, crawl spaces, porches and others.
- Inspect work for completeness, quality and accuracy.
- Research information, when necessary, to verify pest-related problems and to identify specific solutions.
- Respond to customer service calls and follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved satisfactorily.
- Continually build relationships with customers and, at all times, promote excellent customer service, quality, integrity, and professionalism.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Complete required service records, customer reports, time records, or others, in accordance with company procedures and state/federal regulations.
- Stay abreast of current industry trends, regulations, technical data, new products, safety standards, construction materials and equipment.
- Inform management of any customer issues or concerns that are not completely resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Properly maintain all service equipment, including vehicles. Immediately refer any problems to management.
- Clean equipment or vehicles as needed or required.
- Prepare all equipment and vehicle prior to beginning of each workday.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Successful drug screening results
- Reading and writing
- Listening and explaining
- Organizing and planning
- Providing service and selling
- Identifying and solving problems
- Attending to details and exercising appropriate caution
- Doing simple mathematics
- Learning new technologies and methods
- Building relationships with others
- Working cooperatively as part of a team
- Incentives & Awards
- Generous Paid Time Off Plans
- Family Atmosphere
- Company Vehicle
- In-Depth Industry Orientation
- Great Advancement Opportunities
- Company Matched Simple IRA
- Health and Dental Insurance
This is a Drug-Free Workplace Offering Equal Employment Opportunities. Applications are received and employees are hired without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran's status, citizenship status, or any other protected classes under state, local, or country regulations. The receipt of this application does not mean that job openings exist and does not obligate us in any way. We appreciate your interest in our organization.